Stop Calorie-Counting And Yo-Yo Dieting, And Gain Nutritional Serenity - With Jonathan Bailor
BY The model health show: nutrition | exercise | fitness | Health | lifestyle
Duration: 23 minutes.
In this episode you'll discover:
- Why basing your diet around calorie counting can set you up for failure.
- What nutritional serenity is.
- Why obesity in not an effort problem.
- How drinking gasoline can give you a huge understanding of how calories work (crazy, but you’ll see why!).
- How type 1 diabetes makes you starve to death.
- Why understanding your goals is critical to the weight loss approach you take.
- What important weight loss lesson you can learn from Oprah Winfrey.
- Why calories matter, yet you might want to stop calorie-counting and do this instead
- Why “slowing down the problem” is not a real solution.
- What the 3 biggest economic burdens are in our world today (this is shocking!).
- 3'54: Oprah and the problem with simply counting calories
- 7'15: It is not about losing weight short-term or you will yo-yo diet
- 8'50: Obesity should be treated as a disease
- 11'46: Why are not calories equal?
- 15'30: About diabetes and insulin
- 19'20: It's important to be clear on what our goals are
- 24'50: Being healthy is the key to lose weight long-term
About the speaker:
"Calorie counting is an eating disorder." - Jonathan Bailor
Jonathan Bailor spent the past decade collaborating with top doctors and researchers to analyze more than 10,000 pages of academic research related to diet, exercise and weight loss. The end result is this very straightforward, simple and easy-to-read book, where Bailor bridges the gap between the academic world and the everyday world to dispel the myths, lies, and corporate sales hype that have fueled the current obesity epidemic.