Practical Nutrition: Chris Mohr
BY Human Optimization Hour with Kyle Kingsbury
Duration: 23 minutes.
We all know we need to eat better. What isn’t so clear is how to do it in the time-crunched, temptation-filled modern world. Author, a lecturer, and nutrition consultant Chris Mohr, Ph.D., R.D., specializes in helping regular people stick to healthy nutrition plans, and we invited him on the THO podcast to share the strategies he uses with his own clients who have busy schedules and don’t want to hate their food by counting every calorie.
- 0'45: Only eat when it's time to eat
- 6'55: Why is it important to start the day with protein?
- 7'45: What's a balanced meal
- 9'46: Do you need more protein if you want to build muscle?
- 13'23: Best options to eat on the go
- 15'54: Why we should eat slowly
- 17'04: One meal or craving won't break it, just get back on track
- 18'40: Drink 2 glasses of water before each meal
About the speaker:
Christopher Mohr, PhD RD is a nutrition spokesperson and consultant to a number of media outlets and corporations. Current and past clients include Under Armour, Reebok, Johnson and Johnson, the Johnson and Johnson Human Performance Institute, Deloitte, General Mills Bell Institute of Health, Clif Bar, Barilla, Gatorade, Nestle and Nordic Naturals, among others.