Why fasting bolsters brain power
BY Mark Mattson
Duration: 17 min.
- 0': The experiment he did on rats slows down ageing
- 2’34: Fasting from an evolutionary perspective
- 4’28: Overall benefits of fasting
- 7’19: The positive effects on the brain
- 11’15: The benefits of producing ketones
- 13’50: Why we eat 3 meals a day
About the Speakers:
Mark Mattson is the current Chief of the Laboratory of Neurosciences at the National Institute on Aging. He is also a professor of Neuroscience at The Johns Hopkins University. Mattson is one of the foremost researchers in the area of cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer's Disease, Parkinson's Disease, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.