what makes a good life? lessons from the longest study on happiness
BY TED talks daily
Duration: 13 min.
- 0': What should we aim at to be happy and healthy?
- 1'47: One of the longest study of adult life ever
- 5'55: What are the lessons of the study? Good relationships keep us happier and healthier
- 10'03: Why we don't invest in relationship enough? Because it is long-term and complicated
- 11'21: What we can do Today as a learning from this study
About the Speaker:
Robert Waldinger is a psychiatrist, psychoanalyst and Zen priest. He is Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and directs the Harvard Study of Adult Development, one of the longest-running studies of adult life ever done. He writes about what science and Zen can teach us about healthy human development. Dr. Waldinger is the author of numerous scientific papers as well as two books. He teaches medical students and psychiatry residents at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, and he is a Senior Dharma Teacher in Boundless Way Zen