10% Happier with Dan Harris
BY Live Happy Now
Duration: 15 min. Start at 1'50. End at 17'08.
After a melt down on live television, ABC News’ Nightline anchor Dan Harris knew he needed to make a change in how he approached his career and his overall happiness. Dan joins this episode of Live Happy Now to share how he has learned to become just 10% happier at a time, how he reduced stress without losing his edge and found self-help that actually works.
- 1'50: How he got into meditation?
- 4'56: How he finds time to meditate and how he sees it as an investment in his productivity
- 6'52: Advice for people scared to get into their own head or to fail
- 8'37: The problem with expectations
- 12'28: What have been the positive influences on his life
- 14'31: About the 10%. Not a miracle cure
About the speaker:
“Meditation is not about feeling a certain way. It’s about feeling the way you feel.”
Daniel B. "Dan" Harris (born July 26, 1971) is a correspondent for ABC News, an anchor for Nightline and co-anchor for the weekend edition of Good Morning America. After covering the religion beat for ABC News, he discovered meditation and wrote the bestselling book 10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works--A True Story. Forbes wrote him an article about meditation you can find here.